July 20, 2011

Dog Days of Summer

It has been so hot here in Ohio and makes getting excited to do anything difficult.  I expected this hot, hot weather in August.  The best part is I don't have to mow my lawn.  The bad part is that it gets so brown and not pretty at all.  I have been busy this summer getting ready for my daughter's graduation and now ready for college.  I am excited and sad all at the same time.  I will have an empty nest.  It will be very quiet here and I will miss her music.  She plans on studying piano at Capital University.  You can see a pic of  her baby grand that will sit quietly until her visits home.  She loves to write her own music and has a beautiful voice.  Once I get this blogging down pat, I will have to add several videos of her. 
I also have a son that taught himself drums, guitar, box drum and harmonica.  I have asked myself where did they get so much musical talent.  I have one who is self-taught and one professionally. 
Well off to cool down and listen to some more of her music.

No comments:

Post a Comment