July 26, 2011

My Dad's Boyhood Home

I have added the picture of the home my Dad began was born. 
He had 3 sisters and 3 brothers. .The house is in Hocking County, Monday, Ohio. 
The house burned down when he was a child.  They ended up moving north
to Attica, Ohio and rented a really nice big farmhouse.

I decided to use the house in my blog because it looks antique and vintage.
He told me stories about his childhood and I totally loved to sit and listen
to every story he told.  He was a good story teller.
The best part of  my childhood was visiting my grandparents.
OH the Sunday dinners we enjoyed which my grandmother prepared.
Fried chicken, homemade noodles, mashed potatoes, 2 vegatables, homemade coleslaw,
and the best pies I ever had.  Apple was  my favorite.

I miss those days and will always have great memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment